Friday, 15 August 2014

RECOMMEND TO ME - City of Ember

Looking at film and television.  Here is some stuff recommended to me.



I asked on Google+Tumblr and Twitter for people to recommend films.  I thought I would share the results here.  (See the Full List).  Please recommend films at any of the above.


City of Ember (2008) was recommended by +Gale arden.

A perfect children's film.  People have moved underground but 200 years later things are falling apart, but memory of when or how to leave has been forgotten.  OK, not the most original plot (especially in literature) but well executed.  The focus is two kids who have just been allotted their jobs for the rest of their lives and secrets are being kept from them by the adults in their lives - so it plays well into the fears of kids.  However, I feel it is too slow for most kids these days.  But worth the watch for older SF fans who are happy to watch children's films that aren't too dumbed down.

Return Recommendation:  MirrorMask (2005).
~ DUG.
Remember to do the Competing Film Showdown Poll to pick the nexy Showdown Reviewed.
Check out the Schedule for upcoming film reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I love Saoirse Ronan. I'll be adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete