Friday, 6 February 2015

RECOMMEND TO ME - Dredd (2012)

Looking at film and television.  Here is some stuff recommended to me.

I asked on Google+Tumblr and Twitter for people to recommend films.  I thought I would share the results here.  (See the Full List).  Please recommend films at any of the above.



Dredd (2012) was recommended by +Mike Kolb.

At times a bit cheap looking and it stumbles at the start.  It overuses the slow-motion effect.  Sure it's beautiful and there's a plot reason for it but it just plays the card too many times.  But apart from those once the film gets going it's travels really well and mostly feels like the comics (as opposed to a certain earlier film... which seemed like Demolition Man 2).  I had been told not to watch it by someone who I found out now stopped watching way too early.  A good Dredd film.

As a return recommendation I'm going for Downtime (1997).
~ DUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment