Friday, 6 March 2015

RECOMMEND TO ME - Doctor Zhivago (1965)

Looking at film and television.  Here is some stuff recommended to me.
I asked on Google+Tumblr and Twitter for people to recommend films.  I thought I would share the results here.  (See the Full List).  Please recommend films at any of the above.


Doctor Zhivago (1965) was recommended by +Satia Renee.

This is one of those films that I've always meant to watch, but never got around to it.  I've enjoyed the Lean films I have seen (Brief Encounter, Lawrence of Arabia, Ryan's Daughter) but I did have a fear that this one might drag.  It didn't and was, like you'd expect from Lean, powerful and emotional.  Well worth the watch, and proof that "Recommend to Me" was a good idea, making me watch something I probably never would have got around to otherwise..

As a return recommendation I'm going for another Lean, but not a well known one: Ryan's Daughter (1970) which I saw at the Townsville Cinema Group many years back and recommend watching on the biggest screen possible.
~ DUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment