Friday, 3 April 2015

RECOMMEND TO ME - Brick (2005)

Looking at film and television.  Here is some stuff recommended to me.


I asked on Google+Tumblr and Twitter for people to recommend films.  I thought I would share the results here.  (See the Full List).  Please recommend films at any of the above.



Brick (2005) was recommended by +Michael Kitto.

Brick is a film set in a high school with a noir plot, dialogue and feel.  I know it sounds weird, but it is a thing of beauty.

I've seen this before.  On DVD, then I arranged for the Townsville Cinema Group to show it and I own it on DVD.  It's too easy too often to have films sitting on the shelf that you love but never end up getting to watch again, which is why I was so glad that it was recommended.

I love this film.  I truly do.  It captures the poetry of noir  dialogue, and it beautifully put together.  The acting is muted, but suits the style and the film is full of wonderful young actors.

My return recommendation is:  Donnie Darko (2001).

~ DUG.

No comments:

Post a Comment